- This is a ZERO TOLERANCE Tournament. Abuse of any kind will not be tolerated. If abuse is witnessed, the offending team may lose all points in the tournament and be asked to leave.
- This is a GIRLS only tournament with the allowance of female teams 10U (Novice) up to 16U (Midget). The intent of this tournament is to provide a fun atmosphere for development of Players, Coaches and Officials.
- Registration must be completed by someone on the interested team - Head Coach, Assistant Coach, or Manager. This will be the KEY CONTACT individual.
- To ensure all interested associations have the opportunity to participate, a MAXIMUM of two team registrations per Association are permitted (with the exception of Host Club).
- The Key Contact is responsible to ensure all communication from the Tournament Director is relayed in a timely matter to all members of their coaching staff, players and parents.
- The team roster must be uploaded on or before April 27, 2020 by the Key Contact. Failure to do so may result in that team being removed from the tournament without a refund. The Tournament Director will submit an email to all team managers requesting rosters and a final email will be sent out the week leading to the deadline.
- Teams will be accepted until a division is full. Once a division is full, teams will be placed on a waiting list, until a spot becomes available.
- Payment is required at time of acceptance. Successful teams will receive an email from the Tournament Director with payment directions. Teams are NOT guaranteed a tournament spot simply by registering.
- Spots are not considered held until FULL PAYMENT has been received.
- Any team withdrawing from the tournament AFTER April 27, 2020 will forfeit their entry fee. NO exceptions.
Roster & Affiliations
- Any changes to the team roster must be provided to the Tournament Director 48 hours PRIOR to start of the team’s first game. If changes are not submitted or done so withint 48 hours of playing, the team can only play the players on the roster previously submitted to the tournament.
- As per ALA rules, Affiliates must be approved 24 hours prior to the start of the first game and you may not go over your regular roster, must be within your association’s teams and in a lower division or lower tier. You may pull up only to a max of 2 affiliates plus 1 goalie, if roster is less than 15 players attending the tournament to a maximum roster of 15 players.
- Unless otherwise stated, ALA rules will apply.
- Mouth Guards
- Worn at all times
- Any player without a mouth guard will be given a 2 minute delay of game for improper equipment and will not be permitted back onto the floor until a mouth guard can be presented
- Invisalign braces are not considered “mouth protection” and will not be permitted as a mouth guard
- All teams must have two (2) sets of jerseys, one home, one away or be prepared with a set of pinnies
- HOME teams shall wear light colours, AWAY shall wear dark. If team colours are similar, HOME team will be required to change jerseys.
- Is prohibited on the floor. This includes piercings. All piercings must be covered if removal is not possible.
Soccer Centre Facilities
- There are to be NO balls off the playing surface. Any balls found off the playing surface will be confiscated, and teams may face ejection from the tournament with no refund. Any damage to the Soccer Centre will be at the responsibility of the offending team - this includes players and siblings.
- Due to number of dressing rooms at South Calgary Soccer Centre, teams are to remove their lacrosse bags and other belongings while on the floor to allow the next team to get ready.
- Dressing room Supervisors are recommended as any damage to the dressing room will be the responsibility of the team.
- Dressing rooms are expected to be left in a clean and acceptable manner after each game.
- All referee decisions made during the game are final
- Any match, game or gross misconduct penalties will be sent to the Discipline Committee in the form of a Referee report. After consulting with the committee, a decision will be rendered regarding the suspension, and the decision will be final.
- Official protests in regard to conduct on the field will not be considered.
- Any team who deliberately attempts to delay the game will be assessed a two minute delay of game penalty. If this occurs in the last two minutes of the game, a penalty shot will be awarded.
- Teams supply their own warm-up balls, with Girls Rock supplying game balls.
- Game sheets will be available at the game sheet table 30 minutes prior to the games. ALL game sheets must be returned to the game sheet table after each game.
- The HOME team is responsible for taking the MVP award and filled out game sheets to the box AND returning the white sheet back to the game sheet table at the end of the game.
- As per ALA rules Game sheet stickers must line up or they won’t be allowed. If you can’t get them to line up you must hand write the names.
- The Tournament will provide all game referees.
- HOME TEAM - to provide TIME KEEPER, SHOTCLOCK OPERATOR and PENALTY BOX, VISITOR TEAM - to provide SCOREKEEPER and PENALTY BOX
- All decisions of the referee will be final on the floor. Any official protest shall be submitted in writing and accompanied by a $300 fee payable to Female Lacrosse Association. The decision of the Tournament Committee will be final and the protest fee is non-refundable.
- All match, game or gross misconducts will be referred to the Fury Lacrosse Girls Rock Discipline Committee. The decision of the Discipline Committee will be final. Any resulting suspension(s) must be served in the subsequent game. Any team failing to do so will have one point deducted from the Round Robin standings or may be stripped of a final medal.
- A player receiving a fighting major will be subject to disciplinary action by the Discipline Committee, RIC and tournament chair, and may result in expulsion from the remainder of the Tournament.
- Game Times
10U - 60 minute (1hr) allowed time, 5 min warm up, 3 x 15 minute periods (Run time per ALA rules), 2 min rests.
12U - 75 minute (1.25hr) allowed time, 5 min warm up, 2 x 15 minute, 1 x 20 minute periods (Stop time per ALA rules), 2 min rests.
14U - 90 minute (1.5hr) allowed time, 5 min warm up, 3 x 20 minute periods (run time per ALA rules), 2 min rests.
16U - 90 minute (1.5hr) allowed time, 5 min warm up, 3 x 20 minute periods (run time per ALA rules), 2 min rests.
- All games with the exception of 10U (Novice) are stop time. The clock is only stopped under the direction of on-floor officials. Stop time is on goals, penalties and time outs. All teams are allowed 1 time out per game and 1 time out in overtime. Note: If games fall behind schedule, on-floor warmups, rest periods, stop time, or game time must be reduced or eliminated. NO games will end in a Tie.
- Overtime - In Round Robin there will be five (5) minute sudden victory periods until a goal is scored. There will be one (1) minute rest period between each five (5) minute period. In Medal games only, as per CLA. Rule 20: exception is made to rest time between periods, which will be (5) minutes.
- Scoring System: All Round Robin games will be awarded points based on the following (to a maximum of 2 points awarded per game. 2 POINTS FORA WIN, 0 POINTS FOR A LOSS.
- ALA Tournament Rules are specific to Round Robin Tournament Play. In the majority of divisions, Girls Rock is NOT a Round Robin Tournament format due to number of teams participating. Meaning, if teams are tied, the first few criteria to break a tie CAN NOT BE USED.
Tie Breaker - In the event of a tie in point standings in a competition, final standings shall be determined as follows:
- If three or more teams are tied, and if one team has defeated the other teams with which it is tied after round robin play, the team shall advance. Otherwise the team with the best goal average shall advance.
- The goal average is calculated by dividing the total goals for, by the total goals for plus the total goals against. Only the goals scored in games between the tied teams is used in the goal average formula for tie breaking.
- The team with the greater resultant number shall advance. GOALS FOR
GOALS FOR + GOALS AGAINST The formula is applied once to rank all tied teams.
- If a tie still exists between teams, the winner of the game(s) between the two team’s advances.
If two teams are tied, the winner of the game or games between the two teams advances. If a tie still exists, the goal average formula listed below will be used. Mercy Rule - if a goal differential of six (6) or more goals is present at any time during the game, at the next whistle to start play, the clock will run straight time. If the goal differential is brought within four (4) goals, the clock shall return to stop time. At no time will the goal differential of 6 or more be posted on the scoreboard only recorded on the game sheet.
All match, game or gross misconducts will be referred to the Fury Lacrosse Girls Rock Discipline Committee. The decision of the Discipline Committee will be final. Any resulting suspension(s) must be served in the subsequent game. Any team failing to do so will have one point deducted from the Round Robin standings or may be stripped of a final medal. A player receiving a fighting major will be subject to disciplinary action by the Discipline Committee, RIC and tournament chair, and may result in expulsion from the remainder of the Tournament.
Awards & Medals
- One player from each team will be awarded Heart & Hustle - determined by the coaches. A player can only win once over the tournament weekend.
- The awards will be given to coaches/managers in their team package when they check in for their first game at the respective raffle/registration table.
- Medals will be awarded for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place teams
- One player per team in the Gold/Silver games will be awarded MVP - coaches to provide award during medal presentation.
Parent Code of Conduct
- Banging of the boards, yelling towards refs or other officials will NOT be permitted and may result in players, parents and/or coaches being asked to leave the tournament. Teams may forfeit all points won in that game.
- Each team is responsible for the conduct of its players, fans and coaches. Teams will be held responsible for any damages to the facility, dressing rooms, and/or playing surfaces. Teams may be expelled or banned from the Tournament at the discretion of the Tournament Discipline Committee.